Thursday, October 14, 2010

Increasingly frustrated

I think my wellness physical in November will be my last one with my current GP. I get a blood test saying that my thyroid levels are low, but he's not going to adjust my dosage. I'm confused. So you don't care if I feel like crap and gain weight when someone eats near me?

I need to start shopping around for a new one...but how does one do that? I just don't think I can do this with a doctor who isn't my advocate.

I've always thought of myself as a strong person. Strength is the thing I've always wanted people to perceive about me, but I'm really feeling like I'm failing now. I realize that I couldn't have done anything to prevent my health problems, but I'm still having trouble coming to terms with being sick for the rest of my life.

I'm so exhausted - mentally, emotionally AND physically. Every day I have to worry about my medications (all 5+ of them), the financial side of all this and how to use tax benefits, choosing the best insurance plan, juggling multiple doctors appointments on top of all the daily normal stuff like work, kids, relationships, eating, the house, the car, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment