I had a really great holiday season this year and felt the need to share a little about it. Last year was a little tough on us - it was my first year with Annyka at her dad's for Christmas since he's in Ohio now; I was sick all of December so I felt like an exhausted pile of crap at every event I went to and it was just a little stressful.
This year was a lot of fun. Everything didn't go the way I had hoped (we didn't get to spend much time with Lauren), but everything was fun and I feel loved. We had good food; I laughed a lot with my family and the families of my loved ones; everyone enjoyed their presents.
Annyka got new clothes, a scooter, a bike, CDs and various doll-type accessories that she's so fond of. Wilson got more cars and Bakugans than any boy needs, but he's been playing with them all weekend so he's happy AND he slept in his room last night with the lights off except for his new race car light - SUCCESS! I have fuzzy socks for everyday of the week (SCORE!), a fantastic new toothbrush (here's to my health!) and some money to spend on myself (even if it does end up being on things I NEED rather WANT). I got a whole week to spend fun times with Annyka - sleeping in, going shopping, visiting the zoo, eating out, etc and we all got to snuggle into our warm comfy house together as a family each night.
It has been a rough year - eh, year and a half - for me, but I'm feeling good right now. Things seem to be on an upswing and I'll drink to that...or not, but you get my drift.
Monday, December 27, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
My friend Michelle has dubbed Monday "Random Monday" but I seem to have several thoughts aren't quite profound enough to warrant their own posts, so today will just have to be Random Tuesday. Sorry, Michelle.
- I want to decorate my desk with the third world children’s wishes from the Sean Morey’s song Dear Santa, but I’m afraid it would be just… well… wrong.
- I love waiting for my packages to arrive from Amazon and the USPS… they are my Santa.
- Did I just put hand lotion in my hair to prevent Alfalfa-esque flyaways? Yes, yes I did.
- I feel like my immune system is currently taking a beating. I don’t have a good reason for thinking that. I feel fine other than being tired, but yesterday I woke up and felt like I’m due for an infection. I also have what seems to be a fever blister/cold sore starting on my lip as of this morning. Ick. Thankfully I have an appointment with the rheumy tomorrow and hopefully within the next couple weeks will be able to say I’m 100% cancer-free. Honestly, I’m a little worried (note of clarification: as of yet, I have not been diagnosed with any cancer, but I am having a minor procedure done on Friday which will include a biopsy and hope they do not find any cancer when they do the biopsy).
- This may be a record year for me and biopsies...Friday's will be my third this year.
- Despite all that health crap above, I’m really enjoying the holiday season so far this year.
- I just discovered I like baking bread. Who knew? I think part of it is because it takes me back to my childhood when my mom used to bake bread and give it to friends and family. It was famous for a while there, then she stopped making it. Okay, famous might be exaggerating, but I think you know what I mean.
- Why can I not figure out how to add photos in the middle of my blog posts? They always go to the top or bottom….Everyone else seems to be able to figure it out and I’m usually pretty handy with stuff like that. Do I need to choose a different blog template? (ETA: Well, I couldn't tell you how exactly, but I've fixed this issue. Yay me.