Saturday, August 1, 2009

Give me the strength...

I'm in a lot of pain this morning (it is still morning, right? yup, it's only 10:30). I was so looking forward to a night out with the girls. I didn't have to drive home so I had four mojitos, spread out over about 4 or 5 hours. By the time I got home, I could barely walk.

A couple years ago (sometime after my daughter was born) I started noticing that occasionally when I drink I get what looks like a rash on my legs and feet. But it wasn't a rash. It wasn't raised, it didn't itch and it was more like a change in the color of my skin. A year ago, for the first time it became painful. Along with the red dots along my legs and feet, I also had some serious swelling and aching.

While I was training for my half marathon I stopped drinking for several months and I think I've drank about 4 times this summer. Last night by the end of the night, I had cankles as bad as when I was pregnant and painful swelling in the entire lower half of my legs. It only seems to happen when I drink. WTH is that all about?

Unfortunately I'm still in pain today and my normally very nice legs are not very pretty either :( So I'm going to have to make some changes...again. And I'm kind of pouty about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment