Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Still pushing forward

So far it has been a good week. I feel like I am making some progress emotionally and physically. I'm getting active again. I've stayed on track doing Jillian Michael's 30-day shred each day and also following the Couch to 5K program.
I've reduced the amount of foods I'm eating and I'm trying to eat balanced mini meals every 2-3 hours. I'm not getting hungry even though I'm eating significantly less. It takes a lot of planning but I use SparkPeople to help me out.
I also went to the chiropractor today. My upper cervicals were a hot mess and had a lovely out-of-whack spot in the middle of my back as well. Hopefully the headaches will start to subside now. And lastly, next week I will be starting a detox program to try to clean out the old liver before I start on the chemo drugs. Although I am a little frightened of the methotrexate, I've decided to try using it and see how it goes. But I want to try to avoid toxicity if at all possible (obviously).
In addition, I'm looking into some additional vitamin supplements to keep my immune system up and combat the fatigue. I'm also considering making some changes to my allergy meds, but I'm going to wait until after the fall allergy season is over before doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment