Thursday, September 23, 2010

There it is

So those detox side effects finally hit me. NOW I'm getting the nausea and fatigue I was expecting earlier in the week. Thankfully no headaches.

I finally received my methotrexate in the mail yesterday (12 days after mailing it). I read through the side effects sheet - I always do that. Am I the only one who reads those things? Anyway, nausea and vomiting are at the top of the list. Yay! And hidden somewhere down below is "temporary hair loss." But the good news is the hair will grow back when I'm off the drug...which is...never? Scott was nice enough to say he thinks I would be "sexy" bald, but I'm pretty sure he was kidding.

I still haven't decided if I will start the metho (I would abbreviate it to meth, but that's a whole 'other drug!) this weekend or next. Pros for this weekend: it's NOT Scott's birthday so if I end up sick all weekend, I'm not ruining anything. I was sick last year on his birthday following a different, unrelated medical procedure. And I currently am having a flareup on the right side, so maybe it would stop that before it becomes infected. Pros for next weekend: I will be almost done with the detox so I wouldn't be screwing that hard work up. Annyka will be at her dad's so I don't have to worry about taking care of her while adjusting to the med.

Obviously I'll decide something in the next 48 hours or so, but in the meantime, I started having dreams about being sick from chemotherapy last night. I think I was a bit nauseous overnight as well which wasn't helping. I woke up a bit distressed. I feel like a walking zombie this morning since I woke up to a hysterical 5yo freaking out about there being no waffles or something. Then I forgot to make my mini bagel and PB for breakfast so I may or may not last until lunchtime.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get you & Steph together... you can be metho buddies... <3

    ReplyDelete