Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Keep eating...

Last Monday I decided it was TIME for a change (past time really) and started eating better, using SparkPeople's heart-healthy meal plan for a guide. I stocked up on fruits, veggies, whole-grains and lean meats and have limited just about everything else. I'm also  on day 9 of Jillian Michael's 30-day shred.
I did have a cookie yesterday and I relaxed the diet a little for Easter, but generally I've been doing pretty well.
In fact, as I've been tracking what I eat on Spark People, I'm having more trouble eating enough rather than eating too much. I have fruits and veggies with every snack and since they have so few calories, I'm just not taking in that much. But I'm not really hungry. I do need to work on drinking more water, but I get distracted by work and forget to go get a refill. I'll keep working on that. I think next week I'm also going to use the rest of my detox stuff from Dr. Zimmer's. I'm due for that.
I haven't weighed myself since I started, nor have I measured, but I'm hoping that when I'm through with the shred I'll see some sort of difference so I will continue to be motivated to keep at the healthier lifestyle and not fall back into eating out and eating junk all the time.
One last note, I had my fasting blood draw for my followup cholesterol test last week so maybe I'll get some results on that soon. I hope to be able to show Dr. Polit some improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment