Monday, April 18, 2011

These pretzels are salty

Way back, almost two years ago now, when Scott and I first started dating, he began a quest to cut back on the salt I eat. I like salt. It's yummy. I'm not much of a sugary snacker, but chips and crackers and popcorn and the like are my favorites. I would add salt to everything...including already processed (ie FULL OF SODIUM) foods and restaurant dishes.
I am proud to announce that Scott has succeeded. Lots of things taste salty to me now, unappetizingly. Some chips are too salty, salted popcorn is too salty, processed meats (roast beef I had on a sandwich today) are too salty! I don't add salt when I'm cooking and often I don't have to add salt to my meal and I try to never add salt at restaurants. The one time I usually do add salt is to a baked potato. Those still need salt to me.
My blood pressure has been creeping up recently (again) and I really don't want to go back on meds if I don't have to (I've been off for about 5 1/2 years). Today also marks the beginning of better eating for both Scott and I. The grocery trip included LOTS and LOTS of fruits, veggies, lean meats and whole grains yesterday. I'm starting the 30-day shred (again) with a group of ladies and I'm reminding myself who I am doing this for - ME. So I feel better. Look better. Am better.
I may not be able to do the mini this year but I'm ready for a comeback. Let's do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment